PRGX, Inc. Auditor in Luton, United Kingdom
About PRGX Global, Inc
PRGX Global, Inc. is a global leader in Recovery Audit and Spend Analytics services. With over 1,500 employees, the Company serves clients in more than 30 countries and provides its services to 80% of the top 20 global retailers and a large share of the top 50 companies in the Fortune 500. PRGX delivers more than $1 billion in cash flow improvement for its clients each year. The creator of the recovery audit industry more than 40 years ago, PRGX continues to innovate through technology and expanded service offerings. In addition to Recovery Audit, the Company provides Contract Compliance, Spend Analytics and Supplier Information Management services to improve clients’ financial performance and manage risk. For additional information on PRGX, please visit www.prgx.com.
Job Title: CONTRACT COMPLIANCE AUDITOR
Reporting to: CONTRACT COMPLIANCE AUDIT DIRECTOR
Location: Luton Office, with some UK and International Travel
Direct Reports: This position has no line management responsibility, however you will be working within a team and may be required to coach/assist Junior or Admin Audit staff.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The main purpose of the role is to examine and audit supplier contracts including associated invoice records/backup, to assess Operational Risk and Financial Risk. Where appropriate, identify any non-compliance to the agreed terms of the contracts, quantify financial variances, and recover any overcharges. The work may be performed at supplier site, PRGX offices or a combination of both. The candidate is required to be fluent in English (verbal and written), and preferably have knowledge of a second language (business fluent or mother tongue level).
The ideal candidate will be required to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review contract terms and conditions to identify and document contract risk exposures and areas of possible financial leakage/loss
· Interview client key stakeholders regarding the terms of the agreement to determine contract intent.
· Perform substantive testing of both client and supplier transactional data to document and verify compliance to commercial terms.
· Be able to understand, analyse and manipulate complex electronic data sets and be proficient with software such as Excel, Access and SQL to identify discrepancies.
· Prepare, and submit audit reports (Internal and External stakeholders) to include identified monetary discrepancies, and any recommendations by providing documented and supportive details.
· Work efficiently between across multiple audits with accuracy and flexibility, whilst adhering to overall timing of an audit cycle, including day-to-day management of the audit tasks and objectives to maximise revenue against budgeted targets
· Participate in the negotiation and resolution of identified monetary discrepancies with suppliers and client.
· Produce written correspondence to vendor inquiries, prepare reports for Internal Management concerning scope of audit, issues found, recovery amounts, and recommendations for future improvements.
· Offer contract and business improvement recommendations based on industry experience to enhance contract value for clients including preventive measures for discovering and preventing future incorrect payments.
· Maintain positive client and supplier relationships.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Capable of working in a fast paced, demanding, entrepreneurial work environment.
· Be a team player, ability to coach audit assistants/new auditors as and when required.
· This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however, candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent Leadership qualities.
· As most of the work is done at the supplier site, expectation is for candidate to be appropriately sensitive and non-obtrusive.
· Travel to client or supplier sites can be expected (up to 50%) depending on audit requirements.
Confidently conduct effective client/supplier interviews, present information to senior management of with client/supplier personnel to identify potential audit issues. Customer relation skills are critical particularly in managing interfaces between the customer and the audited supplier or between the commercial and technical organisations.
Be able to read, analyse, and interpret contract information and from a variety of other related accounting and business process systems. Clearly document audit issues in prescribed style and format. Good writing skills are essential for the development of individual audit reports and in creating a final audit report for senior management.
Strong mathematics skills to comprehend and utilise algebraic equations for use in spreadsheets or databases to develop audit issues. Ability to understand and apply statistical sampling and extrapolation methodology to quantify claims.
Define financial variances, collect and extrapolate data, establish facts, and draw accurate, valid conclusions. Drawing inferences from information, applying logical reasoning based on a combination of experience, information and producing evidentiary information.
Skills in the following software: Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), Database (Microsoft Access), Word processing (Microsoft Word), Internet software, E-mail software is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Power Point is preferred, but training will be given.
Innovative problem-solver; brings creativity, originality or tenacity to problem solving. Uses available technology in ways to increase productivity as well as identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, individually and in team settings.
Experience & Education
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field required. Alternatively, extensive prior experience in contract compliance, or other closely related financial audit (Internal Audit, Retail etc) experience in a commercial environment.
Accounting certification highly desirable or demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, including such concepts as cost accounting and allocations, overhead, manufacturing costs, general ledger and financial statements.
Experience of accounting systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle etc) with an emphasis on P2P, and Accounts Payable.
Some experience in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including defining practical recommendations for improvement.
Commercial business acumen, with exposure to areas such as payroll; insurance; benefits; internal controls; common business practices and contract language.
Previous experience in procurement, contracting or conducting vendor and supplier audits for contract compliance a plus.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the role.
PRGX is a business analytics and information services firm pioneering a new suite of services called Profit Discovery™. The focus of Profit Discovery™ is improving our clients' financial performance via a combination of audit, analytics and advisory services. The core capabilities used to deliver these services include data mining, procure-to-pay business process expertise, and our knowledge of finance operations.
¨ Audit– For the last 40 years PRGX has remained the world leader in recovery lost profits with nearly €1 Billion in recoveries for our clients for each of the last 5 years. Most large businesses in transaction-intensive industries unknowingly leave money on the table across the procure-to-pay process. Our audit teams find payment errors that, in aggregate, represent significant amounts of cash delivered back to a client’s bottom line. PRGX audits a diverse set of transactions in Accounts payable, Contract Compliance, Merchandise & Goods NFR, Healthcare claims, Taxes, Property and telecommunications. Services are provided on a contingency and/or fee basis.
¨ Analytics– Over the last four decades PRGX has become an expert in our clients’ data and has subsequently built data reporting analytical tools (e.g. APTrax, SpendTrax, FraudTrax) specifically focused to provide our client’s accurate information to enable them to make cost saving, metric driven decisions relating to efficiencies in finance, merchandising and supply chain operations. Our tools enable organizations to gain granular level visibility into their spend data, while also offering unprecedented reporting clarity. The services helps ensure savings are identified, risk is better managed and financial processes are improved.
Advisory– During the post audit process, PRGX has been providing our clients with process and system recommendations that have been identified during course of the recovery audit. Even though these recommendations have been useful, and have enabled clients to close many processing gaps related to their pricing systems, deal entry and AP Departments, we have found that our clients can benefit from our experience working with their systems in a new way. Our advisory services offer extensive fact-based problem-solving skills, deep functional expertise, and the practical hands-on approach of a team that already knows how to get things done in your company. We help clients make substantial improvements to gross margin, SG&A expenses, and asset/capital utilization.
Skills & RequirementsQualifications